Dalhousie is a beautiful tiny town situated in Himachal Pradesh. It is an amazing place for the travellers, more like a paradise. Earlier it was a part of beautiful Punjab. Dalhousie was established by British Government in India, in the year 1854, where officials and troops used to go for a summer retreat. It has been built around five of the hills, named Bhangora, Bakrota, Terah, Potreyn, and Kathalagh.
Some interesting facts:
- From Pathankot, Dalhousie is approx. 80 km far, and it is commonly visited by many foreigners.
- It is located at 2,030 meters’ altitude above the sea level.
- This enchanting and peaceful hill station is being named after the known Lord Dalhousie. He had been India’s viceroys.
- As it was constructed during British rule, it gives a poignant memento of British era, which projects the ancient world charm.
- Dalhousie has mainly four churches, St. Francis’s, St. Patrick’s, St. Andrews, and St. John’s Church.
- The late JawaharLal Nehru, who was a former Prime Minister, had said few kind words about the beauty of Dalhousie.
- Dalhousie has one of the oldest temples, which is around 100 years old, called Lakshmi Narayan Temple.
- Some of the historic personalities have also paid their visit to Dalhousie such as Guru RabinderNath Tagore, NetajiSubhash Chandra Bose, and JawaharLal Nehru.
- Dalhousie is approachable easily from Chandigarh, Delhi, and Punjab, and also from many other important places in Himachal.
The climate in Dalhousie is delightful, comfortable, and cool making it a prime location for a hill station. When you visit this beautiful place, you will feel refresh and be tranquilized by the surrounding. Although you must know which time and season would be the best to visit this picturesque and scenic hilltop? During the time of summer, the temperature could reach up to 240C maximum, being a pleasant and cool weather even during the time of summer. During winter, the temperature can possibly drop up to 0oC minimum, where there is snowfall which you can enjoy. During monsoons, it is usually heavily foggy, cloudy, and misty, which can make you feel as if you are walking through the clouds.
- Panch Pula
Panch Pula, basically, stands for five bridges, is situated approx. 3 km away from Dalhousie. Dalhousie is known to be a scenic and most popular place, that is known for the beautiful waterfalls and streams, which are a prime source of the water. This place is also popular for trekking and camping.
- Daikund Peak
This place attracts many tourists for its beautiful scenery and can have a panoramic landscape view of rivers and hills. This place is located 10 km from Dalhousie.
- Satdhara Falls
Seven springs meaning Satdhara falls, where the name is formed as the waterfall here brings along waters from the seven springs. It is a perfect place where you can go and relax in the tranquilizing atmosphere and be tension free.
When going to Dalhousie, opt for the Dharamshala Dalhousie package, where you can stay and enjoy the experience of staying in Dharamshala. So, plan a trip soon to Dalhousie and refresh yourself with the beautiful sceneries and weather.